Many firms don’t have an in-house marketing professional to provide direction or assist with planning and other strategic initiatives. Often, this role falls to the office administrator or another member of the firm who is interested in marketing, but may lack the background to provide critical feedback to firm management.
Establishing a consulting relationship on an as-needed or retainer basis can be the best and most cost effective solution for many firms. In a combination of on-site and off-site time, Melissa Hoff can assist with a range of activities from marketing planning and execution, to special projects such as a new ad campaign or development of a blog.
Firms can draw on professional marketing expertise in a variety of areas:
- Business Development and Cross-Selling Initiatives: Investing in relationship building is critical to client development and firm success. Helping to identify connections and opportunities for collaboration—across offices or practice groups—can be a challenge in a law firm. MBH Strategies can help develop client teams and cross-practice/office initiatives that result in more business.
- Marketing Audits: Is your firm getting the highest return on current initiatives, such as ad placements, directory listings like Martindale Hubbell, and sponsorships? A review of your materials and your marketing expenditures, combined with information about goals and objectives can help your firm get the most out of the resources invested.
- Marketing Planning: Whether it’s working with the managing partner or executive director, a marketing committee, or a practice group leader, developing marketing initiatives that are in sync with firm goals is critical to success.
- Response to RFPs: In an increasingly competitive legal services environment, more is at stake when the firm receives an RFP. Melissa will work with the key attorneys involved to develop a proposal that addresses the issues of the client and helps the firm put its best foot forward.
- Visibility and Communications: Visibility raises the firm’s profile and solidifies name recognition with your target audience. Strategically developed ads, web sites, blogs, sponsorships, public relations and events can all play an important role in differentiating your firm.